[syslog-ng] redis/tcp destination throughput and dropped messages

Tusa Viktor tusavik at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 20:22:26 CEST 2014

Hi Nick!

Unfortunately, redis destination cannot do batch inserts, that's why it's
very slow. But why do you want to use redis?
Syslog-ng can send messages directly to logstash. In incubator, you can
find and elastricsearch destination, although it is
only a slightly better in performance than the redis one.

BR,
Viktor