[syslog-ng] (no subject)

Radu Gheorghe radu.gheorghe at sematext.com
Mon Jul 21 12:20:07 CEST 2014

Hello Bazsi, and thanks for your reply!

My use-case is with clients sending logs to Logsene
<http://sematext.com/logsene/index.html>, which accepts Elasticsearch-style
JSON over HTTP or N flavors of syslog.

Some clients may want to add tags to their logs on their way to Logsene.
For example, if a message is an error and contains some text, you would
give it a certain tag. The tag itself would be a part of the CEE-formatted
JSON over syslog. This works well and we've documented
<https://sematext.atlassian.net/wiki/display/PUBLOGSENE/syslog-ng#syslog-ng-Tagyourlogs>
it, but right now we can't figure out how to add multiple tags.

I thought that maybe I'm missing something that's already possible. Thanks
a lot for clarifying!

Best regards,
Radu