[syslog-ng] Configure option --disable-json doesn't seem to function

James Lay jlay at slave-tothe-box.net
Wed Jul 9 17:45:47 CEST 2014

On 2014-07-08 16:48, Balazs Scheidler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Hmm.. this is probably the embedded configure script for rabbitmq-c
> and not syslog-ngs own. try disabling rabbitmq, or pip install the
> json module to your python installation, because thats what it
> bitches
> about.
>
> HTH
>
> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 11:11 PM, James Lay <jlay at slave-tothe-box.net
> [4]> wrote:
>
>> On 2014-07-08 11:56, James Lay wrote:
>> > Topic says it:
>> >
>> > syslog-ng-3.5.4.1
>> >
>> > ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-dynamic-linking --disable-ipv6
>> > --enable-spoof-source --disable-json
>> >
>> > checking python module: json... no
>> > configure: error: failed to find required module json
>> > configure: error: ./configure.gnu failed for
>> > modules/afamqp/rabbitmq-c
>> >
>> > It appears to still be looking.  Thank you.
>> >
>> > James
>>
>> Any takers on this?  Ive installed json-c and simplejson to no
>> avail...I get the same as above.  Im at a standstill.
>>
>> James

Well....I'm at a loss here.  I'm running a version of python that
doesn't support pip, so that's out.  Configuring with --disable-rabbitmq
doesn't seem to make any difference.  Both 3.5.* and 3.4.* give me the
same results.  At this point I'm out of options....any more thoughts
would help..thank you.

James