[syslog-ng] No PatternDB Matches

Michael Starks syslog-ng-list at michaelstarks.com
Wed Jul 2 21:30:34 CEST 2014

On 2014-07-01 17:11, Tusa Viktor wrote:
> Hi Michael!
>
> First, when using pdbtool for testing, you should specify -P "ssh" on
> command line, because your rule will only match if the program name is
> "ssh". Second, be careful with spaces and line breaks!...

Thanks for your help and thorough reply, Tusa. I think my first mistake
was simply a poorly written pattern, then when I tried to simplify it by
testing what should work, I didn't count on the documentation example
being wrong (or at least wrong for my intended purposes.) I think I
found the original error and all is working now.