[syslog-ng] Help with long log messages

Edward Gleeck edrebg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 23:44:27 CET 2014

Syslog-ng seems to only allow up to 8192 bytes of log_msg_size and after
which it splits up the log message into multiple log messages. Setting this
up in the global options or on the source option to use more than 8192 does
not seem to work. I was wondering if there are other options that I need to
put in order that very long logs aren't split up. I realize this might be a
very rare case on the need for long log messages, but the application
logging was designed poorly and we need this functionality currently while
the logging is being fixed.

In looking at the source code, it seems that the log_msg_size is stored as
a gint type, which in my recollection allows me to store up to +32787 right?

If the max I could put is 8192, then I guess I'll have to come up with
something else to process the split logs, otherwise any help would be
appreciated.