[syslog-ng] Escaping open bracket and close bracket.

Evan Rempel erempel at uvic.ca
Wed Feb 26 17:57:02 CET 2014

Your @ESTRING:.from:<>|@

is specifying that the string must end with <>|
but what you really want is a string that ends in |<

Did you copy the line correctly. Your virst email address does not have a trailing >

You could use

@EMAIL:.from:&lt;$gt;|@

which will match the email address and strip off any surrounding < pr > or | characters

The first @EMAIL:.from:&lt;$gt;|@ would leave the parsing pointer at the first
character of the second email.

So your whole pattern would be

@ESTRING::|@@@EMAIL:.from:&lt;$gt;|@@EMAIL:.to:&lt;$gt;|@@ESTRING::|@