[syslog-ng] [RFC] procfile destination

Valentijn Sessink valentyn at blub.net
Tue Feb 11 15:52:31 CET 2014

Hi,

Finally found some time to test this. My setup is rather simple (I
think), the config-file now says:
destination d_syslogblock { pseudofile
("/proc/net/xt_recent/syslogblock" template("+${usracct.device}\n"));
file("/var/log/syslogblock"); file("/tmp/blocker"
template("+${usracct.device}\n")); };

The "blocker" file is just for testing purposes. and "syslogblock" is to
log all evil to a regular log file as well.

I got it to work rather easily and will report my findings.

In the mean time, a question: is there anyone who guards the debian/
directory inside the source tree? There seem to be some (mostly minor)
issues, and as I'm fixing them locally in order to get syslog-ng up and
running, I may as well send them upstream. If anyone cares ;-) that is.

Best regards,

Valentijn