[syslog-ng] syslog-ng always using default permissions

Andrey Smetanin Andrey.Smetanin at commerx.ca
Tue Dec 30 20:35:24 CET 2014

To be honest, I can't  remember any particular reason. I was following administration guide which has good description how to compile it. So I just compiled it... I wanted  to make syslog-ng to start automatically (it's Centos 7 ) and thought may be the package installation would generate proper systemd service files. It didn't and I had to  make them manually anyway. While playing with all this stuff I created two configuration files and then lost track. I forgot that I had two binary  installed  and I was breaking my head desperately  editing the wrong configuration file, which was not in use.  And the most confusing part was that my configuration files in /etc/syslog-ng/ and /usr/local/etc/ were identical   at the time I implemented  those changes.

Andrey Smetanin