[syslog-ng] Email alerts en syslog-ng 3.3.5

Gergely Nagy algernon at madhouse-project.org
Wed Dec 17 15:08:36 CET 2014

On Wed, 2014-12-17 at 10:41 -0300, Roberto Carna wrote:
> Dear, I have this syslog platform:
>
> - Debian 7
> - Syslog-ng 3.3.5.-4 (installed via apt-get)
> - Php-syslog-ng (graphical interface)
> - Postfix
>
> I need to configure syslog-ng in order to send email
> alerts/notifications about some specific events.
>
> Is it possible to implement with this syslog-ng version and what is the way???

With 3.3, you can use the program() destination, and a shell script. If
you upgrade to 3.5 (available on backports.debian.org), then you can use
the smtp() destination.

I would recommend upgrading to 3.5.

With the smtp() destination, you can filter events any way you like, and
then route them to the mail destination. Please see the excellent
administrator guide[1] on how to achieve that.

 [1]: http://www.balabit.com/sites/default/files/documents/syslog-ng-ose-3.5-guides/en/syslog-ng-ose-v3.5-guide-admin/html/index.html