[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 3.5 for RHEL6

Czanik, Péter peter.czanik at balabit.com
Tue Aug 19 15:58:25 CEST 2014

Hi,
Recently many people asked for syslog-ng 3.5 rpms for RHEL6. What I
did breaks most of the packaging rules, but works. It's a wild mixture
of the current EPEL6 and EPEL7 packages. So it has most of the
features of the EPEL7 package (except UDP spoofing), but has sysvinit
style init script. It's installed to /usr/sbin instead of /sbin, has
SSL support enabled, and uses bundled libraries instead of system
libraries (as those are missing from RHEL6 and EPEL6).
To use the packages, you need to enable EPEL6 repositories for
dependencies ( https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL ) and also my Copr
repository: http://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/czanik/syslog-ng35epel6/
It's ugly as hell, but survived my quick test on CentOS 6.5. Use at
your own risk but let me know if you run into any trouble!
Bye,
--
Peter Czanik (CzP) <peter.czanik at balabit.com>
BalaBit IT Security / syslog-ng upstream