[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 3.6.0alpha2 has been released

Peter Czanik czanik at balabit.hu
Tue Aug 12 20:49:56 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 08/11/2014 08:24 PM, devel at balabit.hu wrote:
>  The second alpha version of syslog-ng Open Source Edition
> (3.6.0alpha2) has
>  been released. This being an alpha release, testing is most welcome, but
>  production use is not recommended!

To make testing easier, I prepared some binary packages from alpha2.
Packages are available for openSUSE / SLES, Fedora / RHEL. The FreeBSD
ports tree should also carry the sysutils/syslog-ng-devel port soon
again. If you are impatient, let me know, and I can send you a tgz
containing the FreeBSD port off the list.

openSUSE / SLES:
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:czanik:syslog-ng36
Fedora / RHEL: http://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/czanik/syslog-ng36/

As there is a bug affecting i386 (
https://github.com/balabit/syslog-ng/issues/194 ), and Fedora runs "make
check" during package build, i386 packages for Fedora are not available.

Happy testing!

Bye,

--
Peter Czanik (CzP) <peter.czanik at balabit.com>
BalaBit IT Security / syslog-ng upstream