[syslog-ng] Writing a null character at the end of TCP payload

Balazs Scheidler bazsi77 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 18:20:48 CEST 2014

Hi,

Adding a NUL via the template is difficult as the template compiler works
with zero terminated string, and even though the lexer allows the use of
\x0, this will indicate the end-of-the-string like you have seen it.

Adding a zero byte would be possible by writing a template function
$(format-gelf) and that probably could sit within the json module, reusing
the infrastructure there.

On the other hand, I've checked the GELF specification, and I can't see the
NUL byte being required.

http://graylog2.org/gelf#specs

Are you sure this is the issue?

Bazsi