[syslog-ng] pdbtool 'patternize'

Péter Gyöngyösi gyp at balabit.hu
Wed Apr 16 12:12:46 CEST 2014

Hi David,

Robert is right, the pattern version is hardcoded.Taking a glimpse at the
patterndb v3 and v4 XSDs I think the update should indeed be trivial, the
format is upwards compatible. I'll send a pull request for this change in a
minute.

Regarding the formatting: it uses the parsing mechanism of syslog-ng
internally. It works just as if you specified a file() source for syslog-ng
with flags(syslog-protocol) added. You can also give "--no-parse" for the
tool which makes it parse logs just like a file() source with
flags(no-parse). It wouldn't be too complicated to make it possible to use
all available file source flags but I never got around doing it.

cheers,
Peter