[syslog-ng] SQL destination - multiple destinations (tables) within one database ?

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Thu Apr 3 15:54:39 CEST 2014

Tomáš Novosad <tomas.novosad at linuxbox.cz> writes:

> I was hoping for something like i'v mentioned in original post.
> At first declare a DB handle (driver,host, login, password, ...) in
> syslog-ng.conf, and then use that handle in multiple destinations definition.
> My opinion is that this would save a lot of system resources (on
> postgres connections) and pretty
> simplified the configuration in syslog-ng.conf.
>
> Should i submit this idea on a wish list (if there is any sych thing for
> syslog-ng)?

It is a worthwhile idea to explore making columns() templatable too, or
finding another (possibly value-pairs()-based) syntax. I'd encourage you
to submit a wishlist bug (either on GitHub[1] (preferred), or BugZilla[2]).

 [1]: https://github.com/balabit/syslog-ng/issues
 [2]: https://bugzilla.balabit.com/