[syslog-ng] Structured Data

Ou, Jimmy Jimmy.Ou at viasat.com
Tue Apr 1 21:02:42 CEST 2014

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.
I've tried the following with unsuccessful results.

Rewrite Setting .SDATA.meta.sequenceId to ""
Results in:

[meta sequenceId="2" sequenceId=""]

Setting .SDATA.meta.sequenceId to "-"
Results in the following for all messages:

[meta sequenceId="-"]

Setting .SDATA.meta.sequenceId to "555"
Results in the following for all messages:

[meta sequenceId="555"]

What I want is to set all [meta sequenceId="n"] to the null character "-".

Can you show the template format for "In Files"?
The log I've written to the audit_cache file is already in the "- - - @cee:[{" format that I want to send.
How do I make the template interpret the "- - -" as " - - -" instead of "- - [meta sequenceId="2"]"?
I wasn't able to find any examples of template syntax to do this.