[syslog-ng] FreeBSD core dump

Alexandre Biancalana biancalana at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 16:28:56 CEST 2013

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Gergely Nagy <algernon at balabit.hu> wrote:

> Alexandre Biancalana <biancalana at gmail.com> writes:
>
> >  Any idea of why this is happening ?  Do you need anything else ?
>
> I have a few ideas, will try to reproduce the problem. At the moment, I
> don't need anything else. Although, if you could send your config (in
> private works too), that may help me a bit.

I forgot to mention that I'm using amqp destination.

Going forward with the troubleshooting I've done some tests changing
configuration and isolated that the core dump occur only when destination
is amqp, even when I don't use patterndb the problem still occur.

The config to reproduce the problem is very simple:

@version:3.4

options { chain_hostnames(off); flush_lines(0); threaded(yes); };

#
# sources
#
source src_local { unix-dgram("/var/run/log");
                unix-dgram("/var/run/logpriv" perm(0600));
                internal();
                file("/dev/klog"); };

destination d_amqp {
    amqp(
        vhost("/")
        host("127.0.0.1")
        port(5672)
        username("guest") # required option, no default
        password("guest") # required option, no default
        exchange("syslog")
        exchange_type("header")
        routing_key("")
        body("")
        persistent(yes)
       value-pairs(
            scope("selected-macros" "nv-pairs" "sdata")
        )
    );
};

log { source(src_local); destination(d_amqp); };