[syslog-ng] Question on custom log writer message output

Dylan Kulesza dylan.kulesza at gmail.com
Sun May 12 23:42:18 CEST 2013

Ok, after getting some rest and experimenting, I determined the solution.

Creating a custom logformat had potential for a solution, but really wasn't
the ideal way.  After digging in the code more and stumbling on the
logproto.c file (specifically the _frame_ functions), I was able to create
my own frame handler for my module.

Essentially,

Created a custom framed_client_post that encapsulated messages to the
destination protocol.  This seems to keep true to the logproto intent.

Assigned the custom proto when issuing a log_writer_reopen and life is good.

Next challenge is how to prevent dropped messages in high volume
scenarios...