[syslog-ng] weird filter problem

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Sat May 11 06:25:55 CEST 2013

On 11/05/2013, at 2:26 PM, Evan Rempel <erempel at uvic.ca> wrote:

> Try this filter
>

> filter f_unknown {
>        tags(".classifier.unknown");
> };

This always appears to return true.  I.e. this filter includes everything.  Negating it includes nothing.

I have tried to install 3.2.5 as this is the last version that ELSA is confirmed to work with but that does not start:

Starting syslog-ng
/usr/local/syslog-ng/sbin/syslog-ng: error while loading shared libraries: libsyslog-ng.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So far as I can tell all the lib files are present and correct and in the same place as the previous version?

I have syslog-ng installed in /usr/local/syslog-ng-<version> and a symlink /usr/local/syslog-ng pointing to the version to use.

Russell