[syslog-ng] OSE 3.4(.1) block() argument parse issue

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Sat Mar 30 11:55:23 CET 2013

Eric Berggren <eric_berggren at apple.com> writes:

> syslog-ng OSE 3.4.1 is unable to parse the "Example 5.8: Passing
> arguments to blocks" excerpt in the v3.4 admin guide, which
> exemplifies a common construct used in our current 3.2 config :

I've pushed a fix[1] to the hotfix/3.4/string-in-string-block-args
branch of my repo[2], which works around the problem. I'm pretty sure
this is not the best solution, and the proper one would be somewhere in
the lexer or grammar rules, but I don't have much more time to spend on
this right now.

 [1]: https://github.com/algernon/syslog-ng/commit/229b389ab452267fca573dd489841656fdc20c15.patch
 [2]: https://github.com/algernon/syslog-ng/tree/hotfix/3.4/string-in-string-block-args