[syslog-ng] credit card masking in log messages

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Fri Mar 1 11:20:20 CET 2013

Gergely Nagy <algernon at balabit.hu> writes:

> Marton ILLES <marton.illes at balabit.com> writes:
>
>> The regexps could be enhanced further, but I guess it is good for a
>> start. Bazsi, Algernon could you please add this to SCL? Sorry, I was
>> lazy to generate a git pull request. :(
>
> I'll add it to 3.4 sometime soon, thanks for the headsup! I'll probably
> ask for a review though, to make sure I get the comments & in-code
> documentation right.

I've created the feature/3.5/scl/cc-mask branch in my repo[1] for now,
and merged the result into merge-queue/3.5 aswell. Once merged to 3.5, I
will add it to 3.4 aswell.

I did two modifications though:

 * I renamed the blocks to credit-card-mask() and credit-card-hash(),
   because these better express their intent.
 * I lifted the regexp out into a common @define

On the branch, the blocks are not automatically included by the default
syslog-ng config, one must do an @include "scl/rewrite/cc-mask.conf" to
gain access to them.

 [1]: https://github.com/algernon/syslog-ng/commits/feature/3.5/scl/cc-mask