[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng under Windows (Cygwin - copying from another pc)

Tom Doberstein t.doberstein at web.de
Mon Jun 17 12:05:46 CEST 2013

Hello,

I am using syslog-ng in cygwin under WinXP.

On my developer pc I have no problems, everything works very fine. But when
I copy the cygwin directory (from c:/Programs to c:/Programs) on another
pc, I got the following errors:
-----------------
Error opening plugin module; module='afsocket', error='Exec format error'
Error opening plugin module; module='afsocket', error='Exec format error'
Error parsing source, source plugin unix-dgram not found in source confgen
syste
m at line 1, column 1:
                                              included from
/etc/syslog-ng/syslo
g-ng.conf line 10, column 9

unix-dgram
^^^^^^^^^^

syslog-ng documentation:
http://www.balabit.com/support/documentation/?product=s
yslog-ng
mailing list: https://lists.balabit.hu/mailman/listinfo/syslog-ng
-----------------

I already started the syslog-ng-config and the service was installed
successfully, but it will not start. cygrunsrv.exe -S syslog-ng will
produce this error: "cygrunsrv: Error starting a service:
QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error 1062: (...)".

Is there now any right problem that the process cannot read the module
correctly or something else?
What I noticed is, when I copy the cygwin directory to the server and back
to the same pc (in the same directory) the error occurs too.

I hope that somebody can help me with that problem.

Regards,
Tom