[syslog-ng] Upcoming changes regarding my Debian/Ubuntu packages

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Thu Jul 4 14:04:08 CEST 2013

Gergely Nagy <algernon at balabit.hu> writes:

>>  * syslog-ng will point to the latest stable branch (3.4)
>>  * syslog-ng-devel will point to the current development branch (3.5)
>
> This is not done yet, but will be done once 3.4.2 is released, as
> announced in the original mail too.

This has been pushed back a little, because there are no 3.5 debian
packages yet. As soon as that happens, syslog-ng will point to 3.4,
syslog-ng-devel to 3.5, and people who wish to stay with 3.3 will have
to use the versioned syslog-ng-3.3 component.

>>  * I'll be preparing Ubuntu Lucid packages for 3.4 too, so all branches
>>    will be available for every debian or ubuntu system that are still
>>    supported by their respective vendors.

I have added Ubuntu Lucid packages of syslog-ng 3.4 too.