[syslog-ng] "make check" in a restricted environment

Peter Czanik czanik at balabit.hu
Tue Jan 15 13:03:37 CET 2013

Hello,
I'm building my packages mainly in the openSUSE build service (OBS:
http://build.opensuse.org/). My problem is, that while "make check" runs
without problems on my local machine, it fails in the OBS. You can check
where it fails (most likely hiding other failures) at
https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log?arch=x86_64&package=syslog-ng&project=home%3Aczanik%3Asyslog-ng34&repository=openSUSE_12.2
The OBS builds packages in a very restricted virtualized environment,
with no networking, etc. to make sure, that even harmful sources can't
manipulate the build infrastructure. The above problem also seems to be
related. Could you check the tests and make sure, that no name
resolution, etc. is needed to pass the tests?
Bye,

--
Peter Czanik (CzP) <czanik at balabit.hu>
BalaBit IT Security / syslog-ng upstream