[syslog-ng] syslog-ng OSE configurator

András Mitzki mitzkia at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 10:33:19 CET 2013

Hi Anton,

Thanks for your answer. First of all I created this web app for the
syslog-ng OSE community. So it can use anyone who wants to learn the using
of syslog-ng OSE. It is only a helper web application to generate syslog-ng
configuration faster.
It is only seemed like a good idea to collect all syslog-ng options to a
one web based application to generate even a complex configuration with a
help of some functionalities.
Because more than a hundred of options are in syslog-ng, it is not easy to
remember the name and the meenings all of the proper options for example in
case of TCP source. With this web application you don't need to remember
all of the options and syntax of configuration the web application will
help you to find your option with the search bar and will generate a
syntactically correct configuration. I don't think that you can do this
only with a text editor.
But if I misunderstood something please correct me.
I will take a look for the apps which you have mentioned.

Best regards,
Andras