[syslog-ng] Using patterndb to rewrite any and all macros

Evan Rempel erempel at uvic.ca
Thu Jan 10 05:06:16 CET 2013

 I am considering using the patterndb to rewrite messages that do not conform to syslog standards.

Can the patterndb change all normally defined macros?  I need to be able to change MSGHDR MESSAGE PROGRAM PID MSG MSGONLY and I think that is all. I know that macros such as MSGHDR can not be changed by the rewrite command but can it be changed by the patterndb?

Thanks for your expertise.
--
Evan Rempel
Senior Systems Administrator, Data Centre Services