[syslog-ng] getting syslog stats without syslog-ng-ctl?

Daniel Neubacher daniel.neubacher at xing.com
Tue Jan 8 12:16:22 CET 2013

Our most important stats right now are simply the logs per second. Our logstash setup is pretty new and we don't know how it scales with our logs yet. So this is a good indicator. And I'm using it to play around with syslog-ng performance options and to see if it is running at all.
On the client side the drop rate is of course nice but only for nagios.

Nothing special. If you have any other ideas what to monitor or graph I'm pretty interessted. We love graphs :)