[syslog-ng] Problem parsing apache logs

system at ra-schaal.de system at ra-schaal.de
Mon Jan 7 17:13:45 CET 2013

Hi,

Am 07.01.2013 15:32, schrieb Luis Fernando Alen:

i`m not really sure what you would do. I´m running an centralisied
syslog-servers and see no need to split the apache-logs on the client -
i just forward the messages to the syslog-server.

but i think that´s not the reason for

> 2- Syslog-ng server only logs for a few seconds and suddenly stops.
> Whenever the client is reloaded, it starts logging for a few seconds
> again. Nothing useful for debugging shows up at the server or client
> internal logs.

If you would like to simply add the sending server to the file-name, why
don´t you use $HOST inside the destination?

regards
Florian

you can find my setup for storing apache-logs on acentralisied server
here: http://blog.schaal-24.de/?p=321&lang=en