[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 3.3.7 DNS resolving Problem

Daniel Neubacher daniel.neubacher at xing.com
Wed Jan 2 15:49:56 CET 2013

To reproduce the problem I tried to generate a massive amount of logs with one client to a server with my live configuration but it didn't work. I guess the problem doesn't lie in the log amount but the hosts. And that's hard to test.

After that I did some more live testing. My first test was if this actually happens without dns resolving and it didn't. After that I've disabled threading and it seemed to work. My problem is that I need threading because syslog is now running on 100% :P
It was a quick test but after enabling threading again the problem appeared instantly.  Now I've disabled it and test it for at least a day. But it seems like threading has one more problem :(