[syslog-ng] No "-n" switch for syslog-ng?

w3euu w3euu at arrl.net
Sat Feb 23 15:37:55 CET 2013

Just to weigh in on this, I am seeing similar problems.  It seems to have
started with the upgrade to fedora fc18 and syslog-ng-3.3.8-1.fc18.i686.

In my case I get the error constantly scrolled across ALL terminal screens
at boot-up.  The only way of getting control of the system back is to ssh in
from another machine and killing syslog-ng.

I have taken to disabling syslog-ng (and enabling rsyslog) before reboots
(which are thankfully seldom required) and then reversing that after the
boot is complete.  That seems to solve the problem, and syslog-ng stays up.