[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 3.3.6 Hangs on Solaris 8 sparc

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Fri Feb 8 13:38:44 CET 2013

Rakesh Rajasekharan <rakesh.rajasekharan at gmail.com> writes:

> the truss itself does not return any o/p.... looks like something wrong
> with my machine..as I have the issue with all the version ( 3.3.6, 3.3.8).
> So, probably I will try getting another machine..

The output will be sent to the syslog-ng.truss file, that's the output
I'd be interested in.

Also, since I learned about an interesting command on Solaris the other
day: can you run "pstack $PID"? Where $PID is the pid of the hung
syslog-ng process. The output of that command could provide hints
aswell.