[syslog-ng] Host behind a NAT and multiple log files

KERNEL - Mauricio Améndola mauricio at kernel.net.uy
Tue Feb 5 20:47:17 CET 2013

Hi everyone

I've recently configured a syslog's server using syslog-ng and i have an
issue to log from hosts that are outside my network in some place on
internet.
This is the thing, i have a few APs and a pfsense firewall/router. Each
AP can log to a remote syslog server with a specific port.
In my syslog server i add a new source, filter, destination and target
and in pfsense box i create the rule to let pass trafic to the internal
ap's IP.
But the problem comes when i do the same for another AP, i configure
another port  but the syslog server doesn' t log.

There is a way to log from remote multiple hosts that are behind just
one public IP?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.
Regards,

Mauricio Améndola
Communications / Technical Department
KERNEL Consultores
Zabala 1327/402 , 11000, Montevideo, Uruguay
T+(598-2) 915  6563 / (598-2) 915  9336