[syslog-ng] [RFC]: syslog-ng and UNIX credentials

Balazs Scheidler bazsi77 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 07:36:33 CET 2013

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

Well, thats right. I was thinking on having this enabled only on /dev/log
automatically via the system driver. But even there could be disabled by
using the lower level drivers directly.

I havent seen anything that would use that field for something else. Did
you?

Also, journal/rsyslog is doing the same.