[syslog-ng] system() source problem.

Nemeth Gyorgy lists at friczy.net
Mon Aug 5 16:51:26 CEST 2013

I compiled a syslog-ng 3.4 and when starting I get teh following error
message:

Error parsing source, source plugin system not found in
/etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf at line 31, column 2:

        system();

The part of syslog-ng.conf is the following:
source s_src {
        # message generated by Syslog-NG
        internal();
        # standard Linux log source (this is the default place for the
syslog()
        # function to send logs to)
        unix-stream("/dev/log");
        # messages from the kernel
        file("/proc/kmsg" program_override("kernel"));
        # use the following line if you want to receive remote UDP
logging messages
        # (this is equivalent to the "-r" syslogd flag)
        # udp();
        system();
};

According to the documentation the system() source is correct.. What is
wrong here?

When I comment the system() source out, the syslog-ng daemon starts
without errors.

# syslog-ng -V
syslog-ng 3.4.2
Installer-Version: 3.4.2
Revision:
Compile-Date: Aug  5 2013 11:00:20
Available-Modules:
syslogformat,afsocket-notls,afsocket-tls,afsql,affile,afprog,afuser,afamqp,afmongodb,csvparser,confgen,system-source,basicfuncs,cryptofuncs,dbparser,afsocket
Enable-Debug: off
Enable-GProf: off
Enable-Memtrace: off
Enable-IPv6: on