[syslog-ng] Upcoming changes regarding my Debian/Ubuntu packages

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Tue Apr 16 14:54:32 CEST 2013

Hi!

Gergely Nagy <algernon at balabit.hu> writes:

> For a good while now, I've been providing Debian and Ubuntu
> packages[1] for syslog-ng, and rest assured, I will continue to do so.
> However, the way they are prepared and how the repository is
> structured, will change.

I'd like to present a little update on this:

> So, I will be making the following changes:
>
>  * I'll create syslog-ng-3.3, syslog-ng-3.4 and syslog-ng-3.5
>  components

This is done.

>  * syslog-ng will point to the latest stable branch (3.4)
>  * syslog-ng-devel will point to the current development branch (3.5)

This is not done yet, but will be done once 3.4.2 is released, as
announced in the original mail too.

>  * I'll be preparing Ubuntu Lucid packages for 3.4 too, so all branches
>    will be available for every debian or ubuntu system that are still
>    supported by their respective vendors.

On topic of supported platforms: Ubuntu Oneiric (11.10) is nearing its
end of life, so 3.3.9 and 3.4.2 will be the last supported versions on
this platform. The Oneiric repository will be removed in early july,
roughly two months after Oneiric reached its end of life.