[syslog-ng] min and max message count condition in correlation actions

Evan Rempel erempel at uvic.ca
Mon Apr 15 18:35:16 CEST 2013

Well, what you are asking isn't achievable with syslog-ng itself. We do this at our site, but we have built an inftrastructure around syslog-ng that passes classified events (at first it is a syslog message) to programs which create other events that get passes via syslog-ng to other programs that finally create e-mail, tickets, jabber, SMS, twitter and IP phone alerts.

What you want to do is a great idea, you just need more than syslog-ng to accomplish it.

Evan

Anton Koldaev <koldaevav at gmail.com> wrote:

Could you please give an example of using 'context-length' condition?
I wonder if I can use it for sending an alert to monitoring system when there are more than 'N' exceptions per 'T' second are sent by my app hosts.