[syslog-ng] syslog-ng v3.3.4 on Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS x_64 has a memory leak

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Thu Apr 11 19:37:52 CEST 2013

Clayton Dukes <cdukes at gmail.com> writes:

> Will do - but is there any effort to replace the bad version in the Ubuntu
> repo's?
> I only ask for my other users who may not know to add another deb source :-)

Nope, there isn't any such effort. I tried to get a new version of
syslog-ng in before the LTS release, but did not succeed. Replacing it
post release is not going to happen - at best, we could patch it, but
that's a huge effort, and I lack the resources to do it. (The Ubuntu
people wouldn't like having to review the ton of patches, either, esp.
not in a package in universe...)

The best I can do is try to make sure a better version gets into the
next LTS, and whatever version gets in, will have my repo mentioned in
README.Debian or some similar place.

I'd love to do more than that, but I have to work within time & effort
constraints, and other things (like hacking on syslog-ng itself :P) have
higher priority :)