[syslog-ng] dbparser patches EMAIL, HOSTNAME LLADDR

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Sat Oct 27 16:46:08 CEST 2012

Gergely Nagy <algernon at balabit.hu> writes:

> Balazs Scheidler <bazsi at balabit.hu> writes:
>
>> If I understand correctly you still want to do some stuff on these
>> patches. I'll wait for them then.
>
> Yes. I wanted to finish it up today, but a few more 3.3 blockers fell in
> :(
>
> I'll merge them to the merge-queue/3.4 branch once I'm happy with them
> (either tomorrow, or next friday).

Time traveller reporting in!

Reworked the LLADDR parser a bit, fixing a few bugs I introduced (in the
MACADDR emulation, as well as in LLADDR itself). It is pretty much the
exact same code MACADDR was, except the length is configurable, and
MACADDR is a very light wrapper around it.

I updated the tests to actually test what they're supposed to, and not
accept invalid results. They now pass, and I'm happy with the code,
pushed out a merge-queue/3.4 with these patches applied.