[syslog-ng] Queue size in syslog-ng?

Fekete Robert frobert at balabit.hu
Fri Nov 23 09:34:22 CET 2012

Hi,

as others have suggested, you can increase the log_fifo_size option, which will
increase the memory queue of syslog-ng. Depending on the message rate, this can
prevent losing messages if the consumer is down, but if anything happens to your
syslog-ng server in the meantime, these messages will be lost.

The commercial version of syslog-ng, syslog-ng Premium Edition can buffer the
messages to the hard disk in such case to decrese the risk of losing messages.

Robert