[syslog-ng] XML entities in PatternDB

Balint Kovacs balint.kovacs at balabit.com
Thu Nov 8 08:09:16 CET 2012

Hi Martin,

patterndb uses GMarkupParser from glib to process the xml, which
unfortunately has quite limited support of entities, a description of
what is supported can be found here:
http://developer.gnome.org/glib/2.28/glib-Simple-XML-Subset-Parser.html#glib-Simple-XML-Subset-Parser.description

Basically only the most common 5 entities can be used. If you add the
nonprintable char to your patterndb as is, it should work as a literal
match, but is not easy to maintain of course.

Balint