[syslog-ng] rsyslog client produces

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Wed Nov 7 17:26:31 CET 2012

Andreas Heinlein <aheinlein at gmx.com> writes:

> Gergely Nagy <algernon <at> balabit.hu> writes:
>
>> I see. Using the default syslog-ng that ships with 12.04 (3.3.4+patches,
>> as far as I remember) or 3.3.6+? I'd love to be able to fix the spinning
>> issue, and perhaps I can do that faster than switching to rsyslog would
>> be >;)
>>

> The package version is exactly "3.3.4.dfsg-2ubuntu1".
> There currently is no 3.3.6 in the repos, not even in unstable.
> If you think this can be fixed, I'd love to help,
> but it's difficult to reproduce.

I have packages built for pretty much every Ubuntu release starting from
Lucid at:
 http://asylum.madhouse-project.org/projects/debian/

That repo has 3.3.7, Ubuntu 12.04 i386 & amd64 included.

And yes, I believe that this can be fixed - if it is reproduced, and you
can strace it for a little while at that point, that would be tremendous
help to begin with (+ a config, so I can attempt reproducing too).