[syslog-ng] Please help me on this error --- syslog-ng[4687]: Connection failed; error='Connection refused (111)', time_reopen='10' I don't see where is the problem

Evan Rempel erempel at uvic.ca
Mon Nov 5 06:03:21 CET 2012

This means that on "loghost" an connection is being opened to another host and the other host is refusing the connection.

You can look at your destination definitions on loghost and if they are tcp destinations, you can try from loghost

telnet remot_host report_port

and you should see;

loghost%  telnet remote_host remote_port
Trying 123.456.789.123...
telnet: connect to address 123.456.789.123: Connection refused

This would indicate that there is nothing actually running on the remote host that is listening on the port, or that there is a firewall that is rejecting the connection.

Evan.