[syslog-ng] issue during start up

Lay, James james.lay at wincofoods.com
Tue May 15 22:48:45 CEST 2012

Hello all:

I am afraid I am having another issue which I would like some help with.  When I try to start syslog-ng, I am getting this error:

                Starting syslog-ng: Error initializing raw socket, spoof-source support disabled;

Syslog-ng then starts, but it doesn't appear to be forwarding messages.  This is extremely strange as I have syslog-ng installed and running with the exact same config file on another system without any issues.

I am sure the problem is that I'm an idiot, but I would greatly appreciate any help with the error I am having.

Thank you!

Try doing a:

ldd `which syslog-ng`

on both boxes....see if they are different.

James