[syslog-ng] Use multiple templates for a single file?

Mikkel Leth Carlsen mlca at tdc.dk
Fri Mar 23 08:48:19 CET 2012

Hi

Is it somehow possible to apply multiple templates to a single
destination/file? My current setup is something along the lines of:

destination dst_foo_1 {

        file("foo_1.log" template(template_foo_1));

};

destination dst_foo_2 {

        file("foo_2.log" template(template_foo_2));

};

template template_foo_1 {

       template("$A $B $C");

};

template template_foo_2 {

       template("$D $E $F");

};

log {

        source(src_udp);

        filter(filter_condition_1);

        parser(parser_foo);

        destination(dst_foo_1);

        flags(final);

};

log {

        source(src_udp);

        filter(filter_condition_2);

        parser(parser_foo);

        destination(dst_foo_2);

        flags(final);

};

However, I would really like to write log into a single file - but with
two different templates depending on the matched filter. Is that
possible? I don't suppose pointing both destinations to the same file
would be wise?

/Mikkel