[syslog-ng] segfault in 3.4 alpha1

Peter Czanik czanik at balabit.hu
Mon Mar 19 17:36:33 CET 2012

Hello,

On 03/14/2012 09:50 AM, Balazs Scheidler wrote:
> I ran into one
> more interesting thing: with json-c enabled in "make config", configure
> failed with:
>
> configure: error: Cannot find json-c version>= 0.9: is pkg-config in path?
>
> When disabled json-c in "make config" it was found by configure and was
> built. The relevant part of "Makefile" is:
>
> .if defined(WITH_JSON_GLIB)
> LIB_DEPENDS+=           json-glib-1.0.0:${PORTSDIR}/devel/json-glib
> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-json --with-json=json-glib
> PLIST_FILES+=           lib/syslog-ng/libtfjson.la
> lib/syslog-ng/libtfjson.so
> .elif defined(WITH_JSON_C)
> LIB_DEPENDS+=           json.0:${PORTSDIR}/devel/json-c
> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-json --with-json=json-c
> PLIST_FILES+=           lib/syslog-ng/libtfjson.la
> lib/syslog-ng/libtfjson.so
> .else
> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --disable-json
> .endif
>
> So, in theory json support was disabled...
> hmm.. there's no such switch as --enable-json, although I'd tend to
> agree that this is confusing. The reason is that we support two json
> implementations and that's usually specified using --with-json=<xxx>,
> and once that is supplied --enable-json is not needed.
OK, I fixed the ports Makefile. Still, when I enable json-c in make
conf, it fails with the above error.

> So to disable json support you'd need to use --without-json, but
> suggestions how this should work is appreciated.
"--with-json=none" would be a nice pair to "auto". It would be nice, if
it could be explicitly disabled, as if json is available on the system,
it's automagically used. So if it's there as a dependency of another
software and later deleted, it would render syslog-ng unusable due to
missing dependencies.
Bye,

--
Peter Czanik (CzP)<czanik at balabit.hu>
BalaBit IT Security / syslog-ng upstream