[syslog-ng] start problems

Jenei Gábor jengab at elte.hu
Fri Mar 2 13:12:21 CET 2012

Hello,

I've already adopted the recommended init script for debian, but still
my syslog-ng 3.4 doesn't seem to work. At the moment actually I can run
my compiled program just by entering ./syslog-ng, however it does not
seem to have access to files, because I don't see any trace in my log
files of starting. If I try to start the program by its init script it
waits for about a minute, and then says: failed. However after init
script there are still running instances. Can you tell me what my
problem is?

Gabor