[syslog-ng] Two or more conditions on a action

Evan Rempel erempel at uvic.ca
Thu Jun 14 17:21:31 CEST 2012

I have never done this, however, the manual states

"condition: A syslog-ng filter expression. The action is performed only if the message matches the filter. The filter
can include macros and name-value pairs extracted from the message."

so if you look at the syntax for filters, you do not use the & for logical and, you use the word "and".

So I think your condition should be

<action trigger="match" condition=" '${first_field}@1' == 'something_1' and '${second_field}' == 'something_2' ">

you may need parenthesis, so

<action trigger="match" condition=" '(${first_field}@1' == 'something_1') and ('${second_field}' == 'something_2') ">