[syslog-ng] syslog-ng-3.4.0alpha2 syslog-ng binary failure for server instance.

anju.raveendrannair at wipro.com anju.raveendrannair at wipro.com
Fri Jun 8 13:46:18 CEST 2012

Hi,

We are using syslog-ng-3.4.0alpha2 binary and trying to run the syslog-ng server configuration file, but its not starting the syslog ng server.
We are getting the following error  incase of f__nonconsole_access filter when we ran the syslog-ng binary in debug mode.

Filter rule evaluation result; result='match', rule='f_nonconsole_access', location='/ne_data/conf/syslogng/syslog-ng_server.conf:58:29'
**
ERROR:logmsg.c:535:log_msg_set_value_indirect: assertion failed: (!log_msg_is_write_protected(self))
Abort (core dumped)

PFA the debug.log

The server conf is having the following line for the above mentioned filter,

template ltemgr_msg_template { template("$S_ISODATE $HOST $FACILITY_NUM/$LEVEL_NUM $MSG\n"); };

#To  strip of the msg_id introduced by syslogd
rewrite rw_msg{subst("\\[.*\\]", "", value("MESSAGE"));};

source s_LTEMGR_SYSLOG_CLIENTS{ tcp (ip (27.132.98.69) port(6515) max-connections(4)
            tls(
                key_file("/ne_data/conf/certificates/MOCM/MOCM_key.pem")
                cert_file("/ne_data/conf/certificates/MOCM/MOCM_SB_server.pem")
                ca_dir("/ne_data/conf/certificates/SYSLOGNG")
                cipher_suite("ALL:!aNULL:!ADH:!eNULL:!LOW:!EXP:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:!SSLv2")
                peer_verify(optional-untrusted)
            )
        );
};

destination d_ltemgr_nonconsoleaccess_log  {file("/ne_data/syslog/ems" perm(0644) template(ltemgr_msg_template)); };
filter f_nonconsole_access { level(info..notice) and facility(auth) and ( match("Accepted password for" value("MESSAGE")) or match("Failed password for"  value("MESSAGE")) ); };
log { source(s_LTEMGR_SYSLOG_CLIENTS); filter(f_nonconsole_access); rewrite(rw_msg);  destination(d_ltemgr_nonconsoleaccess_log);  };

Without debug mode, we were able to run the server but central logging is not happening when tried with logger command.

Thanks,
Anju

www.wipro.com