[syslog-ng] tcp/udp driver not binding correctly

N. Max Pierson nmaxpierson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 16:01:50 CEST 2012

lsof output ... (currently configured for TCP 514)

syslog-ng 26027 root    3u  IPv4  88122             TCP *:shell (LISTEN)

And I have IPTables configured to allow it ... but just to make sure I
stopped the service and still the same thing. I tried this on a newer
version of syslog-ng and it seems to work just fine (v3.2.5). I'll see if I
can compile and do an rpmbuild on a newer version and see if that fixes it.
If it doesn't, there must be somethign going on with the LVS setup ..
however other services are working fine on that IP ... SSH, NTP.

Thanks  Gergely