[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 3.4.0alpha3 has been released

Peter Czanik czanik at balabit.hu
Mon Jul 2 08:35:36 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 06/30/2012 04:12 PM, Gergely Nagy wrote:
>> Also, it would be nice to see this 3.3 patch also on 3.4:
>> https://github.com/balabit/syslog-ng-3.3/commit/aebc8171b57619cc39304e17ef7f874e48329579
>> Without it there are some ugly messages at startup, and syslog-ng does
>> not start if /dev/log is in the config file instead of the systemd
>> equivalent:
>> Jun 30 15:13:30 linux-lrw9 kernel: [    8.543788] syslog-ng[817]:
>> segfault at 0 ip b733009f sp bf9f6410 error 4 in
>> libafsocket.so[b7328000+18000]
> That commit should be in 3.4alpha3, as the 3.3 master branch (which
> includes the above commit) has been merged into it, as far as I see.
>
> Do you perhaps have a core (or even better, a backtrace!) of the
> segfault?
No. It seems to occur only during startup, when I don't have much debug
tools available... When I start syslog-ng after the boot, it starts
without these segfaults. It still opens /dev/log instead of
/run/systemd/journal/syslog
Bye,

--
Peter Czanik (CzP) <czanik at balabit.hu>
BalaBit IT Security / syslog-ng upstream