[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 3.4.0alpha3 has been released

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Sun Jul 1 17:11:38 CEST 2012

Gergely Nagy <algernon at balabit.hu> writes:

> Peter Czanik <czanik at balabit.hu> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> On 06/30/2012 08:37 AM, devel at balabit.hu wrote:
>>>
>>>     * Support for FreeBSD's utmpx database.
>> Maybe it's related, but on FreeBSD 8.1 now I get an ugly error message
>> on startup:
>>
>> Error opening plugin module; module='afuser',
>> error='/usr/local/lib/syslog-ng/libafuser.so: Undefined symbol "getutent"'
>>
>> It looks scary, but luckily syslog-ng works fine on the machine.
>
> Hngh. This is probably present in 3.3 too then. I'll see what I can do
> about it.

Found it! configure did not check whether <utmp.h> exists, so
HAVE_UTMP_H was always undefined. FreeBSD8 does not have getutent(), so
the compatibility implementation in lib/utils.c should have been used,
but that relied on HAVE_UTMP_H.

I modified the configure script to check that header too, and the
problem is fixed.

Thanks for the report!